Create custom questions in the Visit Connect web portal
By setting up custom questions, you add extra detail to your leadA lead is a person who represents a sales opportunity for your company. data, making it much more valuable. For inspiration, see Example custom questions.
- In the side menu, select
- Click the plus button () to create a new question.
- By default the question is Enabled; if desired you can use the switch to disable any question.
- Select the Answer Type:
- Multiple choice answers appear in the app as check boxes, of which one or more can be selected.
- Single choice answers appear in the app as radio buttons, of which only one can be selected.
- Free text answers appear in the app as a simple text box, in which you can enter any answer.
This type of question cannot be answered when leads are being collected with a barcode scannerA barcode scanner is a hand-held device used to scan visitor badges, among other things..
- Provide as many answers as you wish. In the example below, it is a Single choice question with three answers including the so-called 'Other' option for use in case the answer was not listed and can be provided as 'user input'.
Repeat these steps for any additional custom questions you wish to add.
You can create as many custom questions as you like, but each one takes time to answer, especially if there's text to input. We don't recommend creating more than 10 questions.
- If your stand personnelStand personnel means: the people who represent your company inside your stand or booth at the event. will be collecting leads using barcode scanners, you should also print a sheet of answer barcodes for them.
- You can always edit custom questions later by selecting ) for an existing question. However, avoid doing this after the first lead has been collected with answers to the questions, as these answers may no longer match the changed questions. and clicking edit icon (
If you have questions about your account, please email our support team.