Assign a scan licence
If you plan to have more than one person as stand personnelStand personnel means: the people who represent your company inside your stand or booth at the event. at an event, and you plan to use the Visit Connect app, then you need to make sure your personnel have a scan licence. There are two ways to distribute your scan licences, namely:
- Use the web portalThe Visit Connect web portal is where you manage your accounts, licences and leads. to assign each licence to a member of your stand personnel. There is an option to specify if leadsA lead is a person who represents a sales opportunity for your company. can be emailed directly from the Visit Connect app. Details below.
- Download and print all the scan licences in one go, using the "download scan app licences" link in the order confirmation email you've received. Then, either hand out licences or activate each licence on a device.
Using barcode scannersA barcode scanner is a hand-held device used to scan visitor badges, among other things. instead of the app? Then you don't need to assign licences – but you will have to collect your barcode scanners from the Visit Connect desk at the event. Read more about barcode scanners.
- In the side menu, click
- Select a licence from the list where Type is 'Scan app' and Activation Time is 'Not yet activated'.
- Click .
- Enter the Name and Email address of the person who will use the licence. Their name will show up with the lead information they collected, allowing you to see which leads this person collected.
Scan licences are non-transferable. Once someone activates a scan licence on their device, it cannot be deactivated or used by someone else. For advice on sharing a licence among several people, see Do I have to use my phone to collect leads?.
Choose whether you want to allow this person to email their collected lead data from within the app. By default this is allowed.
When enabled, lead data can be sent to any email address.
- Now, offer the licence to the intended user in one of two ways:
- Click to send it directly to their email.
- Click and print the licence like you would any other document.
- Click .
The licence contains a QR code. Whoever will use the licence must activate it by scanning the QR code with the Visit Connect app on their mobile device. You can always print or send licences another time from the web portal by selecting and clicking or in the bottom area of the window.
Although virtually all functions of the Visit Connect app work offline, a scan licence can only be activated while the device is connected to the internet (3G/4G/WiFi). Whenever possible, ensure that each member of your stand has installed the app and activated their licence for the event before attending the event. That is, ensure the Visit Connect app is set up in advance, when certain to be online.
If you have questions about your account, please email our support team.